HCV2018: CALL FOR LATE-BREAKER ABSTRACTS OPENS ON FRIDAY, 31st AUGUST (Call Closed)
Please read the guidelines and notes below before you submit a Late-Breaker Abstract.
- The Presenting Author must register for the Symposium prior to submitting a Late-Breaker abstract.
- Late-breaker abstracts must be submitted using the Abstract Submission Form (click here) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Friday, 7th September at 17.00hrs (BST)
- The first author listed for each abstract is considered to be the Presenting Author who will be the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Late-breaker abstracts will not be printed on the Programme and Book of Abstracts.
- Bursary Applications are now closed.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Symposium in one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
Sessions Themes (Topics)
The themes (topics) for each of the sessions are listed below. You must submit your abstract under one of the following:
- Patient Registries & Treatment Outcomes– lessons learnt from patient cohorts, treatment outcomes and drug resistance
- Virus-host Interactions and the Immune Response – interactions between the virus and host cells, innate and adaptive immunity
- Viral Entry, Replication & Morphogenesis – molecular details of the virus life cycle
- Vaccines & Antiviral Agents– from novel target discovery to clinical intervention
- Emerging & Related Viruses– the biology, clinical relevance, immunology and pathogenesis of other Flaviviridae family members
- Systems Biology and ’Omic Analyses of Viral Infection- computational analysis linking host and virus genomic, transcriptomic and other ‘omic data to clinical response
- Global Challenges– international and national approaches to prevention, treatment, eradication and related viral threats
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma & Pathogenesis– liver disease and HCC in acute and chronic infection
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when submitting late-breaker abstracts for HCV2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
- The Title should not exceed 20 words.
- Name and affiliation of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract)
- Name and affiliation of co-author(s) and confirmation that all authors have consented to the submission. Up to 15 authors and affiliations may be included on each abstract.
- The abstract text should not exceed 250 words (excluding the Title, Authors and Affiliations).
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster)
- Graphics and tables cannot be submitted as part of your abstract.
- Presenting Authors are responsible for proofreading before submission.
Notification of Acceptance
The late-breaker abstract submission deadline is Friday, 7th September at 17.00hrs (BST). Presenting Authors will be notified of their acceptance status on or before Thursday, 13th September. Presenting Authors must inform any co-author(s) of acceptance.
The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or decline any submissions and to select the presentation format.
For questions regarding Late-Breaker Abstract Submission, please contact: HCV2018 Symposium Organiser at email@example.com
Friday, 31st August
Late-Breaker Abstracts Announcement
Monday, 24th September
Close of Registration